January 18, 2011

Salmon Yuck!

So last night for dinner I experimented once again.
My husband had a salmon filet with wasabi sauce at a restaurant in Frederick that he really liked. My goal was to recreate it or attempt to. I LOVE food but I must admit salmon is not something that I like. I have tasted it several times but never really liked it but I figured I would give it a try again.

Here is what I did

In my food processor I mixed
2 heaping Tbs of mayo
2 Tbs of wasabi paste-less if you don't like it to hot
1 Tbs water
1 sprinkle of ginger powder
1tsp lemon juice
A few springs of cilantro

I heated Oil (1 Tbs) over med heat and added 2 salmon filets seasoned with salt and pepper. Cooked on each side for about 6 minutes.
I topped them with the sauce and served it with steamed broccoli that I seasoned with sage and sauteed onions.

I must say all in all it turned out pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment